k2bookaholic

Kara the Book'aholic

I'm a mother, lifelong-student, avid reader, and reviewer. I'll give pretty much anything a shot, but my guilty pleasure is romance, especially if it's dark and full of suspense.

Come Undone (The Cityscape Series, #1) - Jessica Hawkins

Holy Cliffhanger! I need the sequel, NOW!

Olivia was married and going through the motions. She thought that she was happy with her life and in her marriage. That was, until she locked eyes across a crowded room with a handsome stranger and suddenly she started questioning everything. David was a world-renowned architect and an alleged playboy who had his choice of woman, but he only wanted one…

Yes, there was a love triangle and even worse, infidelity, but this was… you’ll just have to read it because honestly, I’m never one to condone cheating, but I am completely on TEAM DAVID. These two had an irrefutable connection from the first moment they laid eyes on one another. The more they tried to fight it, the stronger their connection became.

David knew Olivia unlike anyone else simply because he paid attention and refused to accept her standard claim that she was ‘fine.’

The question was, would Olivia be better off with the comfortable safe guy, who she believed would never hurt her or should she take a risk on the man who awoke parts of her that she’d thought were long gone?

Come Undone was a quick read with plenty of steam and set us up for a potentially explosive sequel. My only suggestion would be to read this after you already have Come Alive.

*Copy was kindly provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.