k2bookaholic

Kara the Book'aholic

I'm a mother, lifelong-student, avid reader, and reviewer. I'll give pretty much anything a shot, but my guilty pleasure is romance, especially if it's dark and full of suspense.

Pull (Seaside, #2) - Rachel Van Dyken

So the gang from Tear is back with the addition of, most notably, Alyssa—Demetri’s muse, love of his life, and happily ever after. And then there’s Jaymeson—a hot British actor friend of AD2, who it appears we’ll be seeing a lot more of in the third installment of the series, Shattered.

I’ll admit, I was a huge Alec fan while reading Tear, but now, I’m not so sure. He seems to be keeping an awful lot of secrets… I most definitely love, love, love Demetri more than ever! I mean, who would have thought that the screwed up, immature, playboy addict with ginormous baggage, could actually be good for another person, never mind a whole group. But Demetri proved to be just that. He healed, grew, and became a swoon worthy man in Pull.

“My heart wasn’t ready to be pieced together again.

He did it anyway.

My soul wasn’t prepared for heartbreak.

He broke it anyway.

My life wasn’t ready to be given to a soul mate.

He stole it anyway.

Everything has changed…

And all because of a boy, who fell in love with a girl.”

This book is about grief, love, loss, and friendship. But most importantly, it’s about letting go and learning how to live once again. I absolutely loved it and cannot wait for the release of Shattered