k2bookaholic

Kara the Book'aholic

I'm a mother, lifelong-student, avid reader, and reviewer. I'll give pretty much anything a shot, but my guilty pleasure is romance, especially if it's dark and full of suspense.

Ryder (Resisting Love, #2.5) - Chantal Fernando Well, I’m happy to say that RYDER is hands down, the best book of this series so far! Now, the fact that it’s a novella makes it a bit tricky to compare it to the previous two books, but here goes. The writing style, although different because it is a novella, is SO MUCH BETTER. I love how the authors drop little tid-bits of info into the story only to weave them back in later. And there are no glaring inconsistencies or holes in the plotline like in KADE. Now, I do agree with some of the reviewers who say the book is shorter. Of course, it is. It’s a novella! Although, I too would love a full-length book for Ryder and Lexi, I have a feeling we’ll be seeing more of them in the future installments. The banter, while a pure joy to read in the previous two books is still present, just not to the same degree and again, I think this has to do with the fact that it’s a novella. I’m happy that the authors chose to focus more so on the story itself versus filling it with steamy sex scenes and/or witty banter like most novellas out there. It truly is a perfect setup for the last half of the series. Now, I really can’t wait to get my hands on JAMES! No pressure ladies, but I’m expecting it to be the best yet!