k2bookaholic

Kara the Book'aholic

I'm a mother, lifelong-student, avid reader, and reviewer. I'll give pretty much anything a shot, but my guilty pleasure is romance, especially if it's dark and full of suspense.

دعاء الأنبياء والصالحين - Muhammad Mutawalli Ash-Sha'raawi Well, one thing’s for sure. You definitely get your money’s worth with this book! Boy, was it LONG and it’s only $2.99! And boy, oh boy… did it mess with my friggin head! Seriously, wtf was that and how did the author get me rooting for a complete and utter asshole throughout the whole book? Okay, I lied. There was a short period where I found myself thinking that Dawson Bade, was just what our broken h, Morgan, needed. But, that didn’t last very long! I quickly started questioning what the hell was wrong with him that he actually put up with so much shit for so long! But mostly, this book made me question what was wrong with me, that I actually wanted to see “the misogynistic evil [thank you, India Lee! (: ] that’s Drew Kelley get his HEA. Mind you, I was still rooting for him even after I’d already acknowledged that his reasons for treating Morgan the way that he did, just didn’t cut it! See, it doesn’t make any sense to you either, does it? Yep, every bit of my common sense was screaming for me to hope Morgan ended up with the ‘normal’ guy, but where would the fun be in that? Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it, because I still have no idea why I loved that ass Drew! Maybe this can help you somewhat understand what this book was like… towards the beginning I couldn’t help but draw comparisons to the movie SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY and the CONSEQUENCES Series. Yeah, it was drama filled and just a smidge disturbing. Well, maybe more than a smidge, but for some reason, I enjoy reading that sort of thing. Yeah, you can all psycho analyze me later, back to the book. Morgan went through so many horrific things in her life that I couldn’t help but feel for her. For the longest time, the poor thing couldn’t catch a flipping break. Then all of a sudden, things started falling into place and I truly thought she was afraid to make any decisions because she honestly didn’t know how. She was programmed. Then, I became proud of the strong independent woman she blossomed into, only to once again fall back into the pattern of not being able to make up her freaking mind – it went on for so long that at one point I wanted to scream at my Kindle. Seriously, if there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s when I have to read chapter after chapter of a heroine not being able to choose between two men. I could understand it more so in Morgan’s case and I truly respected the way that she handled it with Drew, but with Dawson, ehhh… not so much. I found myself either loving or hating the characters, which shows that the author did her job. Without question, I hated Derik the most and absolutely loved the free spirited Starlight. Oh, and I loved the Warning at the beginning of the blurb! It made me want to read this all that much more! ” Warning! This is not your everyday fall in love romance. This book contains disturbing situations, strong language, graphic, sexual content, some forced, some not. If it's your happily ever after love story that you are looking for, you should probably move on. If you are up for the ride, stick around and it may just turn into a love story after all.”Loved it! And I highly recommend it! Just keep in mind, this is not for everyone… Also, plan accordingly, because it’s definitely NOT a quick read. 4.5—MIND-BENDING STARS!