k2bookaholic

Kara the Book'aholic

I'm a mother, lifelong-student, avid reader, and reviewer. I'll give pretty much anything a shot, but my guilty pleasure is romance, especially if it's dark and full of suspense.

Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2) - Tara Sivec “’So little man what can I get you?’ … ‘I want a virgin,’ he states. Claire starts choking on her water and Liz reaches over to pat her on the back. ‘I’m sorry, what do you want to order?’ The waitress asks in confusion. ‘A virgin. I want to order a virgin,’ he repeats, looking at her like she was a moron. ‘Don’t we all, son. Don’t we all.’”I just love Gavin! I would want to die of mortification if my own son behaved like him, but there is no denying that he is a riot. Come on, what other four and a half year old is still considered adorable even if it’s necessary to implement a “no nut shots before lunch” rule? I found myself waiting to see what kind of mischief or Gavin-spun info would spew out of his little mouth next. He was definitely a byproduct of the bizarre, yet lovable Morgan family where brain-to-mouth filters were not part of the genetic make-up, but ceiling fan baseball and tee time were the norm. “I love both of you exactly the way you are. I love that you have no filter, and I adore that Gavin can make grown men cry. There is not one thing I would change about either of you, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they can kiss my ass.”With that sentiment, Carter pretty much summed up the mentality of the whole crew. And can I say WHAT A CREW!?! They lived their lives, had fun, could care less what others thought, and most importantly had each other’s backs throughout it all and I mean EVERYTHING! “Back door action,” which consequentially led to the indecent exposure incident, unemployment, pot cookie induced comas, popping “Claire’s toy store cherry,” Stepford wives, proposals, drunk Facebooking, crazy mothers, in-laws—you name it, they were there to see each other through it. Futures and Frosting is a quick, steamy, yet ridiculously funny read that is sure to have you laughing out loud.